02 Aug Carolina Trace Country Club
Carolina Trace Country Club offers the following amenities and benefits for you and your customers:
Two (2) Robert Trent Jones, Sr. designed 18-hole golf courses • Lake & Creek. An ideal set up for those who want to play 36 holes in one day. • Play in the morning on one course, stop for lunch in the Jones Pub, then play the other course in the afternoon, never taking golf clubs off the cart.
- Re-opened on August 26, 2011 with new ultra dwarf Mini Verde Bermuda Greens. Player reviews have been extremely positive.
- Has over seeded fairways for the winter months. The fairways will be plush and green all winter and into the spring.
- Par 72, 4880 to 6837 yards, slope- 121to 136
- Opened for play in 1979, the Creek Course features dramatic elevation changes, rolling terrain, and a meandering creek interspersed among the 18 holes. The narrow fairways are Bermuda grass with the greens featuring Crenshaw Bent grass.
- Par 72, 5021 to 6845 yards, slope-121 to 133
Both courses are well maintained and have hosted major championships.
The Lake Course hosted the ACC Championship, The USGA Women’s US Open Sectional Qualifier, NC Women’s Senior Amateur Championship, NC Women’s Amateur Championship, & Dixie Conference Division III Championship.
Both courses have hosted events of the Carolina Golf Association, Carolinas PGA, the Amateur and Senior Amateur Tour and many charitable outings.
Pro Shop – full service with day locker room
The Clubhouse has many options for lunch or dinner. The Pro Shop snack bar, the Jones Pub for a light meal and beer on tap, and the Hearthstone Room with a full menu selection, are all available for lunch or dinner. Golfers are welcome to stay after a day of golf and enjoy the same dining experience a member would.
Practice Facilities include a full length driving range that accommodates upwards of 20 golfers at one time • a short game area that has every challenging lie and two bunkers to practice your sand game • and a large practice putting green to give you a great feel for the fast and challenging Lake Course greens.
Carolina Trace features a 315 acre lake that is surrounded by beautiful trees. The fall and spring time are ablaze with colors. This back drop offers scenic views for all players.
Course Architect: Robert Trent Jones, Sr.
Location: Sanford, NC